Release of Liability – Read Before Signing
Print Participant 1 Name:_____________________________________________________________
Print Participant 2 Name:_____________________________________________________________
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate among and on boats under the auspices of Muskies Inc. and the Pomme De Terre Chapter of Muskies Inc. I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1) I am aware of the inherit risk associated with fishing and boating, including but not limited to the risks of collisions with other boats and stationary objects in and around the lake, including rocks, reefs, piers or other vehicles and trailers at landing areas. I am familiar with other risks up to and including death by drowning associated with rough water, changing weather patterns, heavy winds and lightning storms. I expressly assume all risks associated with this tournament and I hereby release Muskies Inc. and the Pomme De Terre Chapter of Muskies Inc., the host, sponsors, and tournament officials from all claims of negligence resulting from injury and/or property damages incurred in connection with the tournament.
2) I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of those persons released from liability below, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
3) I will comply with all the rules and regulations. If I have any question, or observe any unusual or unnecessary hazard during my participation, I will immediately bring such to the attention of the nearest official ; and
4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless the Muskies Inc. and the Pomme De Terre Chapter of Muskies Inc. the owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the tournament , their officers, officials, (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, death, or damage to person or property, whether caused by negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
Participant 1 Signature__________________________________________ Date______________________
Participant 2 Signature__________________________________________ Date______________________
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (under age 18 at time of registration)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian of this participant, do consent and agree to his/her indemnification, release and hold harmless as provided above all Releasees, and I for myself and behalf of my heirs, assign and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all claims incident to my child’s involvement in these programs even if arising out of negligence of the Releasees, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURNAMENT WITHOUT THIS FORM HAVING BEEN COMPLETED AND TURNED IN PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT
POMME DE TERRE CHAPTER OF MUSKIES INC. GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES 2016
1) Tournament Dates September 30th October 1st & 2nd 2016 . Open team tournament, everyone welcome. M.I. members/non-members, no drawing for partners; 1 or 2 fishermen per boat. Fishing hours: Friday and Saturday, 7 am to 4 p.m., Sunday, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tournament official’s clock will be the official time. All fees must be paid prior to fishing. The Tournament Committee may delay the start of the Tournament due to safety issues or inclement weather. Each boat will be given an orange ribbon which must be visibly tied to the electric trolling motor. Marine radio channel 17 is the official channel for the tournament. Tournament officials have a green ribbon.
2) All Missouri Conservation Water Safety Regulations will be in force, live bait prohibited. Trolling has a one rod with one lure limit per person. A single fisherman on a full team paid boat may troll two rods. The Alabama, umbrella and similar rigs may be fished so long as they use only ONE lure. The remaining attachment points can include similar lures so long as their hooks have been removed or other hook-less attractor such as spinner blades are used.
3) Tournament registration / Check-in takes place each tournament morning at STATE PARK MARINA. Check-in is from 6:15 am to 6:45 am each morning. Late check-ins may have to wait until tournament boats have left to get checked in. Each boat is responsible to check in each day before fishing to get a Daily Identifier Card along from a tournament official.
3A)Flexible start time; late start participants can acquire daily ID cards at State Park Marina, must be signed out with pick up time notated on sign-out sheet. Late start participants must have daily ID card in picture with all eligible fish even if there are witnesses. There is no extension of tournament hours for a late start.
4) Each boat will be given a number which must be displayed when starting in the morning and returning at the end of the tournament day if checking in fish. Release forms will be provided to each entrant. All starts will be made at 10 second intervals, in the numerical order of each boats entry number.
5) If a contestants placement position is challenged, a written protest must be provided to the committee on the day of fishing in question, Friday and Saturday, no later than 5 p.m. and Sunday, no later than 1 pm. Individuals concerned may be required to take a truth verification examination, Rules of the 1968 Polygraph Protection Act will be followed.
6) All 30" and longer Muskies must be released immediately after witnessed. Release length must be witnessed by at least 2 persons. No more than one witness from the boat in which the Muskie was caught. THE BOAT MAY NOT BE MOVED IN ANY MANNER TO OBTAIN A WITNESS. Witnesses do not have to be tournament entrants. Muskies must be measured with the ruler laying on a flat surface. (See illustration#1) Time of release must be entered on Release Form when witnessed. ANY TOURNAMENT ENTRANT WHO REFUSES TO WITNESS A MUSKIE MAY BE DISQUALIFIED!
Alternate: If there is not a witness available from outside the boat,
two digital photos must be presented to the tournament officials with the Release Form for the fish. Digital photos that is required:
1) One photo is showing full length of fish on measuring device with the DAILY IDENTIFIER, clearly showing head against stop & tail measurement is visible. (See illustration #1)
2) One photo is showing tail of fish with measurement clearly visible with the DAILY IDENTIFIER.
The Release Form must be filled out and signed by same person. A daily identifier card is provided every day at morning check-in which must be clearly visible in all pictures.
Contestants MUST turn in all Release Forms at the STATE PARK MARINA between 3:45 and 4 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and between 11:45a.m. & 12 p.m. on Sunday. All fish catch information must be reported on the day of the catch and before the deadline! Forms must be filled out completely; incomplete release forms will not be accepted. Photos will be reviewed by the Photo Review committee and their decisions will be final.
7) Muskies will be scored as follows: 4 Points for each 30" Muskie plus 1/4 point for each additional 1/4 inch, measure to the nearest ¼ inch. Most points wins 1st place; 2nd most points wins 2nd place; and 3rd most points wins 3rd place. 4th place is drawn from all eligible participants. All participants are eligible but must be present for the 4th place drawing. 1st through 3rd place winners are not eligible.
8) In case of a tie, winners will be determined by earliest release time on Release Form. No kept Muskie will be allowed for tournament entry.
9) No alcoholic beverages will be allowed during tournament hours.
10) The Tournament Committee is the final judge of all tournament rules and decisions. Life jackets are to be worn at any time that a boat is underway, except that the jacket need not be worn while trolling. Not wearing life jackets while underway will be grounds for disqualification from any prizes and be subject to expulsion from the Tournament.
11) The participants agree to allow the Pomme De Terre Chapter of Muskies Inc. to use photos obtained during the tournament, ceremonies and banquets for publicity purposes.
OPTIONAL BIG FISH POT There will be a daily big fish pot with 100% payback. Entry will be $10 per boat for each tournament day. The pot will be for the longest muskie. If there is no winner, the money will be drawn from among those entered in the pot. Only those boats that have entered the Big Fish Pot will be eligible for winning the pot. Longest muskie wins.